Pages


I wanna be on the list!!!

If you would like to be included on the Starcraft Utah's sc2ranks site and/or email list, please email your request to starcraftutah@gmail.com
Please include your battle.net ID and character code (i.e. GoUtes #001)

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

It's Baaaaaaack!

[image loading]

That's right, folks, it's that time again!  Versus Gaming will be hosting their 2nd Starcraft 2 Utah Tournament.  This time, things will be a little different and it sounds like our buddies down there at Versus have listened to your feedback.  Double Elimination, best-of-3 for all players.  Those of us that get eliminated rather early in the tournament....NO NEED TO WORRY!  There will be yet another tournament!  Cash prizes will be given to both tournament winners!  Check out the link here for more details!  As a quick summary:
  • $20 to participate from 12:00p.m. - 2:00a.m. Saturday, December 18th
  • Best-of-3 Double Elimination
  • Cash Prizes for 1st and 2nd place
  • Tournaments for Gosu players and Chobos  :)
So, invite everyone you know, but remember.....last time there were only 50 spots available so get there EARLY!

9 comments:

  1. I'm pretty excited for lots of these upcoming tournaments.
    I won't be able to make it to this one, but I am planning on being ready for the next
    Versus SC2 Tournament whenever it may be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They need like one per week...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Their concern with doing a weekly tournament is that slowly, less and less people will be interested. I think this is mainly due to the fact that there will almost always be the same 4 or 5 people winning every week. So, by doing a tournament every couple of months, they are allowing for a greater turnout. But, a weekly tournament would be nice, whether at a LAN or online...

    ReplyDelete
  4. where do you sign up for this tournament?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think your best chance of ensuring a spot is to call down there at 801-208-2654. They will probably ask for a $5 down payment to secure your spot until the tournament starts. I won't be able to make it to this one but good luck in advance to everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweeet. more wins for me! "P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Any chance someone can post the brackets from the tourney? A pdf would suffice :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Mel: I have been trying to get brackets from both the Sept. 11th and Dec. 18th tournaments. I have had no responses from Versus other than a slight acknowledgement (I think they said they would try but I don't think it takes 3 months to find a scanner and scan in a few pieces of paper). So I am doing everything I can to get the brackets and upload them here as soon as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I uploaded a short clip of the event taken from my Droid X:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itAti-oZ4vU

    ReplyDelete