Pages


I wanna be on the list!!!

If you would like to be included on the Starcraft Utah's sc2ranks site and/or email list, please email your request to starcraftutah@gmail.com
Please include your battle.net ID and character code (i.e. GoUtes #001)

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Neumont 18 hour LAN

EDIT: I was sent an email earlier today with information about the SC2 tournament. The tournament has a $5 entry fee with all the money going to the top 3 finishers. The tournament will be held at 1:00 a.m. on Saturday morning. I don't know the tournament type or any more details than this. Keep checking here for more information.

NERDAPALOOZA!!!
Our good friends at Neumont University will be hosting an 18 hour LAN party Aug. 12-13 and you bet our favorite game will be there...Farmville!

Farmville?!?!  FARMVILLE!??!

Okay, okay, I'm totally kidding...
Starcraft 2 baby!!!  Although, I'm sure if you wanted to play Farmville, you'd find some other poor soul to play with.

Details can be found HERE.  There will be tons of games and it sounds like there will be some sweet prizes if enough money is raised.  I'm not exactly sure how to contribute to the prize pool as the entry is free and there will be food provided if there's enough money raised.  So, as soon as I find out how to contribute, I'll be sure to let you all know!

This is a BYOC, so come with your games downloaded with the latest patches so you can plug in and play with some local gamers!  Hope to see you there.

11 comments:

  1. Yay Ignite! It's nice to know this place hasn't been forgotten. There hasn't been too much of a StarCraft scene going on here for a while now.
    Good to see some life coming back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why, I was at a tournament yesterday! I'm surprised it never got posted here...

    Anyway yes, this LAN looks like it will be good- hopefully just as good as the last Neumont tourney!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Neumont organization is selling papa johns fundraiser cards for $5.00 they come with one free small one topping pizza and many other coupons. If you would like to order one, or you would just like to donate to nerdapalooza you can participate in our fundraiser via paypal the address is epiczombies@gmail.com if you would like a coupon sent out please send a mailing address in the paypal comments or let us know youll pick it up at nerdapalooza

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet! Lets all go buy $5 cards then :D So close to $1000 mark!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just got an update, it'll cost $5 to enter the SC2 tournament. It's a cash in, cash out event.
    50% - 1st
    30% - 2nd
    20% - 3rd
    and Neumont keeps nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The bracket for this tournament will vary based on the number of people that show up for the tournament however a can say that it will be at the very minimum double elimination but it is possible that it will be a round robbin

    ReplyDelete
  7. I strong armed Adrian over at Geekbox and he may contribute something cool to prizes. I'm going to try and bring a few Astro A40's from up at Skullcandy too. Should be fun.

    Hey ignite, ping me by email. Let's sync up tomorrow at Nerdapalooza. cazter@wellplayed.org or brent@skullcandy.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This event was a blast. nuemont university did an amazing job

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pete that's not what I heard from some other people... Having a game tournament at like 3am or whenever and saying that it would pay out cash to top 3 but ended up keeping the cash and giving out prizes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I didn't know that happened with the prizes. And you have a really good point about how late the SC2 tourney was held, I actually took off at 4 am after the round robin play cause I was really tired and didn't see the results.

    But while I was there earlier I had fun participating in the other games going on. My brother and I ended up winning the rock band tourney and both got $25 gift cards to best buy.

    ReplyDelete